The quality of concrete is one of the most important issues in the ready mix industry. High Grade Materials strives for consistent quality in every load of concrete that leaves our plants. We start with stockpiles of ASTM approved sand and stone along with quality cement and admixtures. We create mix designs specific to your needs.
Here are just a few factors that set us apart and ensure we will meet your every need:
- All of our plants are NRMCA and M-DOT approved
- All of our gravel pits are ASTM certified
- We have three Level II and two Level I ACI-certified technicians
- We are NRMCA Pervious Concrete Certified
These factors work together to consistently ensure that quality concrete is delivered to your job site.
A number of problems can still arise due to improper placing, finishing, or sealing once the concrete has been put in place. Below is a brief discussion of these problems and solutions followed by a “How To” section. For more detailed information, please refer to one of the links provided at the end of this section.
Third Party Certification and Training
We keep the highest standards for our products and our plants. Company certifications include:
- Plants are NRMCA and M-DOT approved
- Gravel pits are ASTM certified
- Technicians are Level II and Level I ACI-certified
- Pervious Concrete NRMCA Certified
- LEED Certification available for product
We test each of our standard and custom mixes to verify the performance specifications are met within the required period of time.
Custom Mix Design
Working with engineers, designers and contractors, we develop and test new mixes to meet specific project challenges.
Research and Development
We work to improve and perfect mixes and explore new methods to achieve desired qualities in finished concrete.
Historical Performance Data
We evaluate the consistency of mix design over long periods of time to determine standard deviations from design to performance.